Corporate Governance is about regulating the relationship between all the stakeholders in a company. This includes the shareholders, directors, and management of a company.
Corporate governance is the system by which companies are directed and controlled to guarantee the best protection and balance between the interests of the company's managers, shareholders and other stakeholders. In contemporary business corporations, the main external stakeholder groups are shareholders, debt holders, trade creditors, suppliers, customers and communities affected by the corporation's activities. Internal stakeholders are the board of directors, executives, and other employees.
Corporate governance principles can be divided into six groups:
• Effective Corporate Governance Framework.
• The rights of shareholders.
• The equitable treatment of shareholders.
• The role of stakeholders in corporate governance.
• Disclosure and transparency.
• The responsibilities of the board.
How can our experts help you?
- Enable the company owners and directors to implement mechanisms and systems that ensure compliance of the company with executive rules of corporate governance.
- Enable the company owners and directors to understand the required tools needed to implement policies of transparency and disclosure.
- Assist newly established companies to design and review the appropriate Organization structures to meet the EFSA compliance requirements, from the initial application to ongoing audit and advice whether to be listed in the Egyptian Stock Exchange or to pursue any of the financial activities regulated by the EFSA.
- Assist the company's management in preparing the annual Governance framework report regulated by the EFSA BOD resolution number 11 for 2007, and the EFSA Chairman Resolution number 62 for 2007.
The corporate governance framework should ensure the strategic guidance of the company, the effective monitoring of management by the board, and the board’s accountability to the company and the shareholders.
The next step
If you would like to discuss the corporate governance advice we can provide in more detail, please contact us